At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line results.
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Residential Property Manager
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing a mid to large residential property or facility in an efficient and value enhancing manner that is consistent with the overall strategic plan for each property, facility or complex. Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned property including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved strategic plan, a budget for the property, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants or occupants, and supervising the day-today activities of the engineering, maintenance and other building staff as well as contract services. Will be responsible for directly supervising a variety of staff which may include building, administration, engineering, operations, maintenance and finance/accounting.
· Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the client's overall objectives.
· Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports for the client and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved by the responsible Portfolio Manager.
· Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
· Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases. Responsibilities include all aspects of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and renewal notices.
· Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
· Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
· Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting; forecast cash flow of property; review real estate tax assessments; and file required municipal reports.
· Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both Cushman & Wakefield and client.
· Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention programs.
· Keeps current of all developments in commercial real estate market affecting current or potential value of assets.
· Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely completion, occupancy and rent commencement.
· Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building, administrative, maintenance, engineering, for the property to promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
· Responsible for employee administration, including performance measurement, salary reviews, setting goals and motivating subordinates to meet goals.
· Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the highest levels of performance at the lowest cost in compliance with Cushman & Wakefield's values, standards and guidelines for business conduct.
· Supports and provides leadership in a commitment to achieve C&W and client expectations for service and business objectives. Consistently upholds and applies the company’s policies regarding appropriate professional behavior to ensure that the values of the firm are exhibited by the actions of the staff.
· Performs other related duties as requested by superiors.